Liebster Award vs. the Gremlin

In blogging, I have connected with some people who have changed my life in exciting new ways.  The fact that one of these people choose to give me an award is  exciting.  Thank you Hanna. Thank you, thank you, thank you.   Hanna’s blog Goss Coaching is a jewel.  She is an inspirational coach who shares thought-provoking ideas everyday, and I can’t think of a better way to start out my day.  One of my favorites of her post has to do with gremlins. She defines a gremlin as that inner critic we all have.   And yes, a Liebster Award sure helps in the battle against  my self-doubt gremlin.

English: "Stripe" Gremlin figure, le...

This is a visual of my inner gremlin

But back to the honor of the Liebster Blog Award.

The Liebster Blog award is given to  blogs that have less than 200 followers and deserve more recognition and encouragement.  Deserve, hopefully, but I certainly appreciate more recognition and encouragement.  As for less than 200 followers, I definitely fit this requirement.

The Rules

Here are some guidelines in giving or receiving the award:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
  2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
  3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
  4. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award.
  5. Inform them of their nomination by leaving a comment on their blog.

I believe I have filled all the requirements except for making my nominations.  This is tricky because I have no idea how many followers these blogs I am about to mention have.  I just happen to love all five of these blogs and I want to share them.

The first two blogs are, not only funny, but frequent.  I struggle to get out a blog a week sometimes and these two ladies tickle me a few times a week. Both of you may  have well over two hundred followers.  I don’t know how to gauge this but I want people to read your blogs anyway so forgive me if this is awarded in error.

The first blog I would like to honor is http://notquiteold.wordpress.com/.  Nancy tells hilarious stories with great sketches so you can visualize the scenes.  My favorite of her post  is ‘Snow White and the Smelly Dwarfs’.  What an imagination.

And speaking of imaginations, I would love to hang out in the mind of http://whatimeant2say.wordpress.com/.  She can turn anything into a funny post.  I feel like I know her family and her random nonhuman visitors she describes in her blog.  You need to read her blog if only to get to know Wonderbutt.  That’s all I’ll say but when you visit, make sure and look at her page where she names all the characters in her blog.  I promise you won’t be sorry.

The next two blogs I follow speak personally to me.

Rose at http://pertnearperfect2.wordpress.com/ had a picture of a parade in her small town and I knew I could relate to this lady.  I love her recipes and cooking tips.  Her photographs are lovely.

The next blog I want to talk about is 146.7.  The battle of gaining and losing weight is one I know.   Check out http://146point7.wordpress.com/about/.  I love the idea that this young lady is willing to include us in her struggle.  She is honest and relatable.

The last blog I’m including is http://susserativeaspirations.wordpress.com/about/.  I challenge you to read Erik’s ‘About’ page and not give him a longer look.  He always shares great music and that’s a plus in my book.  I knew I would like his blog when I saw a quote from Lynne McTaggart.  I just this day ordered her book “The Field”.  Hope to get to know you better over the months, Erik.

Thanks again Hanna.  I look forward to your next post.

1. notquiteold
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 15:57:05

Thank you so much for the nomination. I’m glad I make you laugh!

2. kianys
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 16:16:08

Hey hey hey – congrats – so well deserved! :D

I loved that you nominated Erik, he’s such a treat! As for the other’s: Thanks for pointing me in the direction of some more good reads out there – always greatly appreciated (already curious about the wonder but…)

On a side note – this might have slipped through the cracks but I nominated you for a couple of awards a while back here: http://30yearsofgrowingpains.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/everyones-a-winner/

Not because I want an exceptance post or anything b.t.w., just because I thought the only thing that could make a great day with the Liebster Award better, would be more shiny new award badges to stick to your lovely blogging home
    :) K.

Jan 23, 2012 @ 18:05:50

Yes, it slipped through the cracks in my technically strained brain. I can’t seem to get follow-up comments to my comments. I start getting jillions of emails if I mark boxes for notifications of comments and I become overwhelmed. I tend not to mark the box and then I miss comments if I don’t look at my blog for a couple of days. Please explain if there is an easier way. And please forgive my oversight.
      But thank you so much. I appreciate the awards. You know me well and I do intend to accept the awards.

• kianys
        Jan 23, 2012 @ 19:39:25

Don’t worry about it – seriously :)

I never check those boxes b/c my inbox is already full enough as it is (I do use the “comments I’ve made” thingy on the righthand drop down box, but that doesn’t show me all the comments either)

I should have alerted the people on their blog anyways, but I thought I’d make it an easier if you want it go for it thing – ah well lesson learned :)

3. disseminatedthought
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 18:22:34

Congratulations on your award!

4. worrywarts-guide-to-weight-sex-and-marriage
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 18:32:47

Congratulations. And you are definitely on my awards page as well (so lots of people are nominating you)! I already follow Erik and will enjoy checking out the others (I know you have excellent taste because we hang out in the same places). You know the first place I’m going is 146.7 (my goal weight – I bet ya it’s her starting weight huh?).

Jan 23, 2012 @ 18:44:11

You know it isn’t pounds but kilograms, I believe. I’m metrically challenge. I just pay attention to her progress. Thanks for your kind words.

• kianys
        Jan 23, 2012 @ 19:37:08

I would cringe if I had to put a pounds number to my weight – the metrical systhem is so much more forgiving (2.2 pounds = 1kg ; 1kg = 1000g)

Seriously I really don’t care for the whole metrical vs. non-metrical (what’s y’alls sythem called again), but the weight thing is a strong vote for the metrical systhem right there! ;)

5. Goss Coaching
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 19:15:23

Thanks so much for the wonderful intro and link back! You definitely deserve more followers! Love your blog!

6. rose
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 20:19:41

Thanks so much for nominating my new blog and the kind words. I have passed on the link to your blog and the award. So many good blogs out there.

7. 146point7
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 04:09:48

Sharing my thoughts is theraputic for me and I’m sure I come accross as a nutcase sometimes but so be it. The comments I get and reading about other’s similar struggles keep me feeling inspired and empowered. Thank-you for the nomination xo

8. maturestudenthanginginthere
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 06:55:26

Congratulations on your award. Very well deserved and I look forward to reading those you have nominated. It’s always such a lovely way to find interesting blogs.

9. ailialana
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 07:01:34

Congratulations and bringing my attention to the blogs you find interesting..it also reminded me of a previous nomination from you…I’m sorry, I was delighted but time did not allow me to follow it up then…forgive me and well done you!

Jan 24, 2012 @ 15:33:58

No forgiveness needed. I hesitate to accept nominations because I never want to pressure anyone to feel they have to follow-up on nominations I make. Thanks for reading!

10. Trackback: The Liebster Blog Award and More | imexcited
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 20:12:19

Congrats on the much-deserved recognition!

12. Erik
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 13:08:51

You know I never came back here into your space and thanked you for this. I apologize for that. I am completely flattered that you chose me as one of the liebster award recipients.

That quote you mentioned was sent to me by a co-worker of mine who is kind of a ‘muse’ to me. He’s a great guy but will never step near a blog so I get to pass along some of his wisdom here. hmmm… you’ve got me thinking though… I should get him onto a soapbox of his own.

anyhow. I’ll be coming around eventually to recognize this award that you’ve specifically given me when I get a moment to breathe. I’m glad that you’re able to connect with me and look forward to reading more of your work as well. :)
    Cheers!

Feb 01, 2012 @ 11:52:58

Oh Erik, your words are kind. I understand how it feels to be drowning in awards, so you certainly will not hurt my feelings if you don’t have time to acknowledge. It all can be a little overwhelming. Just know that I love your blog and I’m glad we connected. Karen