The Long Overdue Post

It’s not my fault that this post is delinquent.  I’ve been waiting on my designer dress from Italy and I had to schedule my hair and nail appointments.  If there’s one thing I’ve learned from television, it’s that you want to look your best when you accept awards.

Six-inch heels, designer dress, the red carpet leading to the computer (yes, it’s a Kool-aid spill).  Let’s get started.

Oops,  I just spilled coffee down the front of my dress and when I jumped up to avoid the burn, I ripped my hem and broke a heel.

Wooly socks, comfy jeans, reality. Now, let’s get started.

* * * * *

the_versatile_blogger

The first award I need to acknowledge is the Versatile Blogger Award.  There are rules and regulations about this award and I would love you to go to my post Where Do I Get a Shelf? and read all about it.   Instead of following said rules and regulations, as I did last time I received this award, I intend to tell you about the wonderful people who bestowed this honor on me.  Trust me, they lead far more interesting lives than I do.

Let’s Cut the Crap! honored me with this award shortly after I got to know her.  She was my New Year’s surprise.  I read her ‘About’ page where she speaks of being forgetful and my first thought was, this is my kind of girl.  I then read her excellent post, In Like a Lion and I was hooked.  Don’t be obdurate.  Go read this post and you’ll discover a great blogger and the definition of this word, if it isn’t already a part of your vocabulary.  Since our  first encounter,  I’ve found that we both are grammar nitpickers and avid readers.

Worrywarts guide to weight, sex and marriage  also honored me with the Versatile Blogger Award.  This is the girl I hope to convince to do a show with me on the Travel Channel.  We both love to travel, hate to shop and have children just about the same ages.  We live almost parallel lives, except she gets to do it in San Francisco and that seems a little unfair.  On the serious side, she is a wonderful writer and everyone reading this should read her post, Bananas. It’s thought-provoking  and moving.

I also had the 7 x 7  Link Award presented to me by two fellow bloggers.   The first blogger to give my this honor was kianys.  Her phenomenal blog called 30 Years of Growing Pain(s)  is a favorite of mine. She is doing Project 365 (366) for 2012 and each day she provides us with a photograph and a quote that she has found.   Go look.  I promise you won’t be disappointed.  I have more to say about her in my next post so I will move on to ‘The Juggler’.

Maturestudenthanginginthere doesn’t juggle balls. She juggles being a mom, a wife, a daughter, a student, a caretaker and more.  I imagine she does more in a day than I do in a week.  Her blog has a bit of everything.  It’s fun to see what she comes up with to share. My favorite recent post is hope, expectations and a bit of impromptu dancing thrown in.

The rules say that I must pick seven of my post that I like.  That’s nearly a third of my post.  I do have a couple I’ll mention.  I like You’ll Miss Me on Laundry Day because that’s the one that started it all.   I’m sure most of you haven’t read it.  I had about ten hits on it and half of those people were related to me.  I thought my blogging would be about the life of an empty-nester.  Instead, I’ve discovered my subject matter is whatever jumps into the mind of a crazy woman.  My post Warning:Crazy Lady Lives Here delves into how crazy it gets at times.  I’ll add one more and move on.  My most popular post until recently was Blasting out a Blog.  This post had absolutely nothing to do with empty-nesting.  It was, without a doubt, the blog I spent the least time preparing.  I find that interesting.

The last award I am acknowledging in this post is the Kreative Blogger Award and I want to thank theIdiotSpeaketh for this award.

Enough said, right? If you’re reading my blog, I’m sure you’re reading his.  If not, you’re in for a treat.  He is like a rock star of blogging.  As I hope to eventually hit 2000 views, he is rapidly on his way to 2,000,000 views.  Next summer when I go to Angel Fire, New Mexico, I think I’ll run over to Red River and stalk him.  He’ll be easy to spot with the paparazzi following his every move.  The New Mexico paparazzi is just like the LA paparazzi with dogs.  Natives of New Mexico take their dogs everywhere they go.  I suggest reading him like a chapter book.  Start with his first post and read a few pages each day.

As to follow the guidelines for the Kreative Blogger Award,  I refer again to my earlier Versatile Blogger Award where I listed seven fun facts about me.  This award requires ten, so I’ll add three.

• I love Jackson Browne and not just his music.  When I was seventeen, I felt certain if he met me he would want to get to know me.  I have since met him and I had no idea what to say.  Instead of ‘longing’ in his eyes, I saw pity and possibly a hint of fear as I struggled for my words.  I don’t think it was meant to be.
  • My favorite bird is the raven and someday when I’m worlds smarter, I intend to have one at the top of my page.
  • I think it’s important that everyone is bilingual, and yet, I only speak one language-unless you include Pig Latin.

And now, I’m suppose to make my nominations.  I never know how to do this because if I’m reading your blog then I love it.  Instead of a list, I intend to do what seems fashionable these days.  I’ve seen people nominating the names on their blogroll.  This is what I intend to do.  Any of you on my blogroll, please consider this post as an invitation to accept an award if that strikes your fancy.  Each and every one of you are deserving.

Thanks to those that have honored me and thanks to anyone reading this post.  I truly appreciate it.

1. worrywarts-guide-to-weight-sex-and-marriage
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 16:56:57

I loved reading this post and not just because you said nice things about me. It was a really fun post to read! Now I’m going to check out your links.

2. philosophermouseofthehedge
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 19:58:31

So impressed you got this all done – finished .And the blog roll awards idea is terrific (consider that stolen, OK? thanks) Oh, interesting stuff here. Congrats

3. riatarded
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 21:33:46

Congratulations!!!:) I love worrywarts too! she is absolutely fabulous and so are you!

4. Smaktakula
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 22:02:55

Congrats on the awards–you clearly keep yourself busy!

5. maturestudenthanginginthere
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 03:46:17

Congratulations on your awards. All very well deserved. You post had me in stitches. Thanks so much for the lovely shout out too.

6. Alex @ Raw Recovery
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 11:27:46

So glad you got a bunch of awards :)

7. Goss Coaching
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 12:52:53

Wow! Thanks so much for including me on your blogroll! I really appreciate it! Love your blog! Hanna

8. Trackback: Hope Unites Globally-HUG Award « randomreasoning
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 09:14:27

Worth the wait! Totally!

10. kianys
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 13:27:33

Oh my god – I can’t believe I overlooked it – so sorry! Thank you so much for the sweet shout out: I now know why my stats have been going up ;)