My Beautiful Blogger Award

I went in today to blog and I found that I had written this entry a while back and never posted it.  I felt bad because I was so proud to receive the Beautiful Blogger Award and I hadn’t acknowledged it.  Okay, I did acknowledge it but since you cannot read my ‘drafts’, I thought I better go one step further in acknowledging the award.  As they say- better late than never.

* * * * *

Thank you, momshieb, for this award.    I  love that someone would connect the word ‘beautiful’ with my writing.  Any writer gets a little tingle when the words come together and it feels right.  Usually, we appreciate this on our own.  We quietly marvel at the thought that we found time to compose something more than a grocery list.  We smile, maybe have a glass of wine and then wonder if we are wasting too much time at the computer.  Oh yes, and then we remember we write to remain sane in this crazy world.  Thank you, momshieb, for noticing me in this crazy world.  The award is much nicer than a glass of wine and causes no headaches in the morning.

Since I started blogging, the beauty I have found in the words of others has astounded me.  My world has changed.  I have found people to make me think, people to make me cry and people to make me laugh.  I have found a support group of empty-nesters and (surprise, surprise)  they understand what I’m going through.  I needed this in my life.

I used to assume everybody felt like I did about life and then I begin to suspect no one felt about life as I did.  I became alienated at times.  Blogging has given me a chance to connect with people I can relate to on many levels.  It still amazes me that there are people who read what I write and know what I mean.  Some even get my humor or, at least, pretend to.   I thank you all.  You, my blogging buddies, make my life more beautiful.   I offer this award to anyone reading my blog and trying to connect with others to make the world a better place- one good deed, one kind word or one belly laugh at a time.

The instructions for the award are:

Instructions for the award: 1. Thank the person who gave you the award 2. Paste the award on your blog 3. Link the person who nominated you for the award 4. Nominate 7 bloggers or less 5. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated

This award was given to me by momshieb at Post Departum Depression.  She is my beautiful blogging buddy.  She and I are working together to get through the joys of motherhood and the lows of empty-nesting.  (I am still trying to appreciate the highs of empty-nesting).   Thank you, my friend for this award.  Without a doubt, you are a Beautiful Blogger.

1. Naomi Baltuck
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 10:07:38

Congratulations! This is a lovely acceptance speech. My daughter goes off to college next September, and I already worry about the Empty Nest. I am so glad you have found a support group.

Jun 28, 2012 @ 12:23:54

You’re very welcome, my friend! You are one of the people with whom I now hold ongoing internal dialogues about this phase of life!
    Enjoy your daughter’s muss and fuss this summer; this is my very first summer home alone. Hooray for two big dogs!

3. maturestudenthanginginthere
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 14:03:06

Congratulations! Well deserved. I love following your journey.

Jun 28, 2012 @ 18:31:17

As I love following your journey. I too moved frequently as a child but all in the states. Scotland and Ireland are two at the top of my list of places to visit someday.

4. Let's CUT the Crap!
    Jun 28, 2012 @ 18:43:37

What a marvel you are. Such lovely words. You deserve this award and more. Congratulations.

5. Trackback: These “AWARDS” I Cherish! « MKG- Memories-Keepsakes-Gifts
  6. riatarded
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 16:29:44

congratulations! I love the new blog layout! Your blog really is beautiful! :D

Jul 03, 2012 @ 08:32:45

Thanks. I hope to start spending more time with it!

• riatarded
        Jul 03, 2012 @ 08:39:53

I hope so too! Are you a Johnny Cash fan? :)

Jul 03, 2012 @ 08:43:45

Truthfully,no but I intend to read your story about the man in black. I saw part 2 on my phone and became intrigued. I’ll let you know what I think.

• riatarded
        Jul 03, 2012 @ 08:56:13

yay! I can’t wait to hear what you think about it! :D It’s an indie movie, so they can use all the support that they can get :)

However, the reason why I love it is because it is an awesome film! :D